The Movicon 11.6 platform licensing policy
Movicon 11.6 offers a simple, flexible and modular license management model adaptable to every need according to a cost effective application needs ratio.
Movicon 11 offers a Server and Client licence model based on the number of tags exchanged with the field (expressed in I/O bytes) and managed in projects. In addition, some features are optional and can be purchased separately when needed.
The schema below shows the license modularity concepts:
Editor (Design Environment)
The design license (Editor) allows you to create any type of Movicon 11 SCADA, HMI or WinCE project. The purchase of a Editor license will entitle you first level technical support access.
Runtime sized by I/O byte count
Movicon 11 runtime licenses are modular, based on the number of I/O bytes (mapped to Variables) exchanged with the field. Each byte corresponds to 8 bits of any variable “connected to the field”. Bit, byte, word, float and double /long 64 bit as well as arrays and structure type variables can be declared. Individual bits can be pointed to in byte, word and other variable types.
However, the total amount of bytes exchanged simultaneously with the field determines the size of the license.
- Note: the license only counts those variables in use and exchanged with the field
- Note: Bit data types will always be counted as bytes in structure type variables.
For instance, if you have a project with 2000 connected analog 16 bit I/O variables, you will need a RT4096 I/O byte.
Runtime Type Licenses
To facilitate choosing the right license, the Run-Time licenses are offered as PRO and LT for Server, Client, and Client/Server versions.
- Scada Pro: I/O Server, Drivers PLC, Alarms Manager, local HMI, Data Loggers
- Scada LT: I/O Server, Drivers PLC, Alarms Manager, local HMI
- Client Only: network client station
- Web Client option: option on the server to access via Web Client (Java Applet or APPs)
€730Runtime LTSCADA LT 64 I/O bytes
When no license is detected at startup, Movion will alert the user and run in “Demo mode” with a fully functional editor and a maximum Runtime limit of two hours.