Home Forum Progea Community Forum Movicon HMI solution for WinCE MoviconCE HMI and Codesys PLC communication issue

Taggato: 

Stai visualizzando 4 post - dal 1 a 4 (di 4 totali)
  • Autore
    NICOLA GOTTARDELLO
    Partecipante

Hi,
    I’m trying to communicate with a MoviconCE HMI to a codesys PLC.
    During Movicon Codesys driver configuration I can check the communication with the PLC and it seems Ok, I can also import the variable, reading it from the PLC (the edge gateway is correctly running on it), but when I run the Movicon Project into the HMI, I get “communication error 87” and my variable remains to “0”.
    Using a x86 PC (my developing PC) and the same Movicon project I can read the variable correctly.
    So it seems that the CE HMI has not all the requisites needed but I cannot get any information about this.
    Somebody can help me?

73David
    Partecipante

Hi Nicola,
    Have you transfer the correct CE driver version on the CE Panel according the manual?

Communication Driver installation

The Communication Drivers do not need any particular installation procedures. Simply copy the “.dll” files desired to the WinCE device in the Movicon CE “Drivers” folder. These files are on the PC desktop in subfolders in the “MovXCESetup” folder:

PocketPC -> for Pocket PC devices

StandardSDK\ARMV4I -> for WinCE panels with ARMV4I processors

StandardSDK\x86 -> WinCE panels with x86 processors

the Driver CoDeSys need a Gateway in order to communicate with the controller, direct communication is not possible.

The Gateway normally is running directly on the PLC, otherwise can be installed directly on the panel (you have to search a WinCE version of the Gateway) or in a different PC on the network.

Regards
    David

• Questa risposta è stata modificata 2 mesi fa da 73David.
    NICOLA GOTTARDELLO
    Partecipante

Hi,
    I think the HMI has the correct driver in the MovxCE\Drivers folder (CodeSys.dll). The Codesys gateway is running on the PLC.
    I think that if I want to have the edge gateway I’ll need also the GWclient.dll (but I cannot find it anywhere).

A strange think is that the “Test cable/communication” of Movicon is OK also if I select “DIRECT” in the type of connection, probably because it makes only a PING.

Joseph
    Partecipante

Hi Nicola
    For this driver, the communication test try to connect to the PLC with the selected Station parameters.

In order to establish the connection with the PLC, a valid program must run and the program symbols must be exported. Please, refer to the PLC and development environment documentation for more information and operating procedures

Regards

Stai visualizzando 4 post - dal 1 a 4 (di 4 totali)
  • Devi essere connesso per rispondere a questo topic.