Home Forum Progea Community Forum Web Client technology Trouble Opening an external link on the webclient

Stai visualizzando 4 post - dal 1 a 4 (di 4 totali)
  • Autore
    Dave_9450
    Partecipante

Hello,

I am currently having trouble trying to open an external link on the Web Client, I am able to open the link on desktop mode because I originally created my project on the desktop mode. For some reason opening the link or trying to view the link in the web browser viewer, is non responsive on the Web Client for Movicon. For example how would someone add a pop up to YouTube when a button was pressed on the Web Client?

Thank you

Amministratore del forum

Dear Sir,
    Normally what you are requesting is not possible for security reasons. The Web client application of a SCADA tends to be a closed and protected environment with respect to the external context (like YouTube). So in general i can say it is a by-design choice.
    However, there are some alternatives and customizations. We ask you to open a support ticket to verify with our team what you can do.

Recently there have been several developments on webclient technologies available with our software, which I summarize below:

Movicon 11
    -Web Client HTML5
    -Web Client Java Based (on Internet Explorer)
    -Web Client via Mobile APP

Movicon.NExT
    -Web Client WPF / HTML5
    -Web Client SVG / HTML5
    -Web Client via Mobile APP (WPF Service)
    -WebHMI

Best Regards

• Questa risposta è stata modificata 1 mese, 1 settimana fa da MODERATOR.
    Dave_9450
    Partecipante

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I shouldn’t have mentioned youtube as an external link, my apologies. My goal is to open up an IP address link that is closed within my network. I have a server with a meter connected to it, the meter monitors voltage, current, and power. The meter has its own internal WebClient that I would like to access through the Movicon WebClient. I am able to access the meter’s internal WebClient through my desktop version of this project. When I try to perform the same task on the Movicon WebClient, the page doesn’t load, and on the web browser viewer, the screen is non responsive.

Regards

Amministratore del forum

Hello,

Web Browser object is not supported web client side for security reasons.

You could find a solution which goes through the creation of a custom button bar capable of opening parallel Webclient contexts.

Please take a look at the following video:

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cren6RWEww

This can be achieved by editing the Root.master file (with a text editor)
    This file is present in the web client Deploy path.

Regards

Stai visualizzando 4 post - dal 1 a 4 (di 4 totali)
  • Devi essere connesso per rispondere a questo topic.